Importance Of Testing For Mold In House

Apart from the necessity to test for mold in the house, the VOC compound test should also be given serious consideration. The testing for mold in house portland oregon as well as VOCs – volatile organic compounds – have important health considerations. VOCs are emitted in the form of unseen and non-odiferous gases from solid or liquid matter. And mold generally arises from damp and shaded interior conditions.

The VOCs include a variety of chemicals. Some will have short-term negative health effects. While others will be more serious for the long-term. It is said that the concentrations of many VOCs are up to ten times higher indoors than they would be outdoors. This explains why people do need to give such serious consideration to the kind of products they are using every day. Paints, varnishes and wax contain organic chemicals.

testing for mold in house portland oregon

So too many everyday use household items such as cleaning, cosmetic, degreasing and disinfecting products. Any fuel used in the house will also be releasing organic chemicals into the interior atmosphere. The Environmental Protection Agency advises that it really makes no difference whether a home is located in a rural or highly industrial area. The polluting effects remain the same. The testing for mold and other allergens will reveal what kind of dust-borne pollutants are floating through your rooms.

The tests will give actual particle counts. Exposure to damp and moldy environments may be detrimental to some. Common symptoms to look out for include coughing, eye irritation, nasal congestion, as well as skin and throat irritations. Far more serious is the possibility of contracting chronic lung illnesses. And to think that so many people have wondered how it was that they could contract lung cancer after never having smoked a day in their lives.